Thursday, January 17, 2013

Test Post

This is my first post to Test My Blog Features. I would like to find out exactly what Blogger can do because I have two real blogs here Balanced in His Grace and Home Improvement?, but I have never played with all of the features. It is my desire to launch a gluten-free blog as well as more articles for my existing blogs that will hopefully draw in more readers. Eventually, it would be nice to be able to earn a living from these blogs while I finish writing my first novel. I would also like to launch a new blog to provide some direction for those desiring to become a writer; however, I will not start that blog until I have learned enough to provide proper guidance. One other idea I have is to write a blog about starting a Women's Ministry at my church as we go through the process of establishing this new ministry.

When we are a pioneer of sorts, there are many things to be learned. Often we overlook possible pitfalls because we are so excited about the new opportunity before us, and it often comes back to haunt us. It would be really nice to have found out about some of those pitfalls ahead of time in both beginning to write my novel and buying a fixer upper so I could have avoided some of the pitfalls. For example, we had to sacrifice my salary so I could stay home and write. Buying the fixer upper, we made sure to allow a certain amount of money to make the improvements, but due to the age of the house, we have whittled away most of that money purchasing all the little things that we didn't consider (ie a new bathroom faucet and a new pump kit for the toilet because of bad quality products already in the house - they leaked and had to be replaced because no replacement parts were available). It is my heart's desire to offer help to others so that they won't have to endure all of the struggles I have endured. I am well aware that all of these challenges cannot be averted; however, I will strive to offer as much information as possible.

This will take pure honesty, and that is something I am quite comfortable with. I will probably use this test blog in order to keep a diary, of sorts, of information that I can hopefully use to write articles for my new and existing blogs. These posts will probably be bullets of information or lists of ideas. If you happen upon this blog, please know that it truly is just being used as a test of the features of blogger. I may even purchase my own domain to establish an entire website for all of my blogs at some point in the future. Of course, this will only happen after I understand the world of blogging.

Please feel free to visit my other blogs, link to my blogs or to comment here. I want to learn more about blogging and welcome your thoughts and ideas. Many blessings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments or suggestions.